Digital PR Campaign: Interflora Self-Partnered Bouquet
DIGITAL PR CAMPAIGN: OBJECTIVES
Interflora, the world’s largest flower delivery company, was looking for a digital PR campaign to help improve online visibility in the run up to its biggest date in the retail calendar, Mother’s Day.
The objective was to drive national media coverage and generate quality backlinks as part of a campaign to reach and engage a younger consumer.
DIGITAL PR CAMPAIGN: STRATEGY & PLAN
Smoking Gun’s digital PR team knew we needed a creative concept with interactive content baked right in to drive the national media interest and succeed in our link building goals.
We set about researching audience-relevant trends and insights, and launched a first of its kind ‘Self-Partnered Bouquet’ collection, alongside a digital match making tool which would pair self-loving singletons with their ideal bunch – the perfect plan for a successful link building campaign.
- Created interactive online tool and content hub
- Commissioned social listening data to support our media story – revealing a rising number of Brits choosing to stay single
- Managed a photoshoot to build the multi-media package
- Recruited a notable psychotherapist and life coach to give expert comment
- Influencer partnerships and gifting single celebs
- Content for online media as well as Interflora’s owned channels and internal comms
Smashing our KPIs and in a real gear-shift for the long-standing market leader, our digital PR campaign drove brand reappraisal and delivered:
- Through digital PR we built 27 backlinks from online media outlets, with an average domain authority of 74
- 4,000 sessions to the campaign page to date
- Backlinks from nationals Metro, London Evening Standard, The Sun, Yahoo!, Hello! and Tyla
- Our link building campaign Story also appeared in 6 national print titles
- 11 pieces of influencer content with 17,000 engagements
- Our digital pr campaign had 100% of online coverage included a backlink to the campaign page
- Our link building campaign had 100% positive sentiment and key messages
- 76% had brand imagery and 62% included a brand spokesperson
- Above average open and click through rate on campaign-related emailers
For more award-winning digital PR case studies click here