Consumer PR Product Placement: Julian Charles
Consumer PR Product Placement: Objectives
Our interiors and soft furnishings client Julian Charles asked us to focus our consumer pr press office outreach on creating sales uplift on key seasonal items – all available to buy from their own website and stand alone stores, pr product placement was a natural route for this challenge.
We’d be judged on traffic uplift to their retail site and sales spikes from products we had gained PR exposure on.
Consumer PR Product Placement: Strategy and Plan
The focus was on achieving national coverage for the retailer in authoritative trend-led features, and in ‘deals’ pages that act as major sales drivers.
We placed special emphasis on key sales periods such as Black Friday – where more consumers were likely to spend money
We seeked to elevate the positioning of Julian Charles as a premium brand – allowing it be be seen amongst aspirational brands such as The White Company and John Lewis in product placement round-ups
- In the nine month period, Smoking Gun achieved 375 piece of coverage – a 208% increase on the KPI
- This included national coverage in The Daily Mail, The Sun, Metro, Independent (online), The Sunday Times and Daily Mirror
- A product featured in the Mailonline for a Black Friday features directly resulted in £12k worth of sales on the day the piece went live
- Another bedding product featured in the The Sunday Times, resulted in another increase in web traffic and the product selling out on the day the coverage appeared
- A spike in traffic to the website, as a direct result of product coverage in the Daily Mirror, accounted for 50% of the total day’s sales
- Overall, the number of visitors to the site from organic search in the nine month time period was as high as the whole of the previous financial year (when there was no PR)