Consumer PR: Supporting Pets Through Covid-19
Consumer PR: Objectives
Smoking Gun worked with national animal charity Support Adoption For Pets to launch a consumer PR campaign as the Covid-19 pandemic hit. The aim was to raise awareness of the launch of an emergency grant that would throw a lifeline to animals in rescues up and down the UK.
Our goal was to deliver widespread national and regional media coverage and digital content during this this hard hitting time for the charity and rescues.
Consumer PR: Strategy and Plan
In order to reach a mass audience and deliver an emotional appeal to pet lovers across the UK, Smoking Gun needed to deliver communications which were impactful and powerful, positioning Support Adoption For Pets as a lifeline for rescue centres and the pets in their care.
The aim was to make rescue centres aware that an emergency fund of £0.5million was available and also to encourage animal fanatics to continue donating throughout the pandemic to help save rescue animals in need.
National news and lifestyle media were the PR focus, but as the story appealed to all areas in the UK, we were able to construct regional angles to target high tier grassroots publications.
Consumer PR: Campaign outputs:
- National press story communicating key messages
- Regional PR stories sold in across the UK
- Created animated content for digital amplification across social media channels
The multi-channel campaign delivered:
- 41 pieces of quality coverage across key national, regional and broadcast titles including the Daily Mirror, Daily Star and ITV Granada News
- 77% of coverage included messaging to donate and 40% featured messaging to apply for a grant
- Total potential media reach of 3,840,089
- 84% of coverage included a quote from the charity
- 2.9m social media reach
- 9.9% average audience engagement rate across all platforms
- 289,384 engagements across all social media platforms